By Happy, Lady & Lucy of Happy Lady Productions
It’s that time of year, again. Time to think about what we want to achieve in the New Year. Just like all canines, we Cavaliers have our own special resolutions. And, like Congress, we couldn’t actually agree on a single direction, so we each wrote our own list:
- I want to get everyone to play ball with me starting at 6:20 AM every morning directly, after breakfast. No excuses accepted.
- I want all the toys to myself, especially the rope toys.
- When I bark, I expect others to pay attention!
- I want everyone to realize that I’m the boss and there are no games and no fun unless I say so.
- I want all the rawhide bones, regardless how many there are. They are all mine.
- I want to play ball all day long
- I’d like my own mug of coffee in the morning. Yes, I know it’s bad for me. I want coffee anyway.
- I want to hug the world.
- I want world peace.
- I want Lucy to stop pulling on my ears.
As for mom and dad, their resolutions are better health. We will do our best to help by walking them often.
A very Happy New Year to you all! And Paw-it-Forward whenever you can.
Husband-and-wife creative team, photographer Dan Merchant and author Emily Randolph, run Happy Lady Productions, a philanthropic book publisher supporting animal rescue and pet therapy programs.
Happy Lady Productions’ titles include: It’s a King’s Life book series, ‘Some Days You’re the Dog… Some Days, the Hydrant!’ and ‘Limericks by The Brothers Randolph’.
Upcoming releases include: ‘Dogs Are… Just Like You!’; ‘Sisters’; ‘Just Desserts!’; ‘It’s a King’s Life in Phoenix; and ‘Handfeeding Handbook: 5 Easy Steps to a Well-Trained, Happy Dog.’